The Spin Pin: My New Obsession

So.

In a VERY WEIRD turn of events, I went to Target on .. Monday? .. some day and bought diapers, milk, etc, and bought Tony two pairs of shoes. I bought him a pair of black Converse chucks (which I've been properly schooled that Chucks are ONLY THE LOW TOPS because of .. something or other) because 1) Aunt Gee has some and has been subliminally scolding me for not already buying my son a pair and 2) for, like, a month, the child has consistently woken up and requested BLACK SHOES. We don't know why, we don't know who has these shoes that he's been coveting, but I'll be damned .. the child asks for so little that I had to get him some BLACK SHOES.

That, and he sustained an injury over the weekend and the Mommy Guilt was strong with this one.



My Little Rascal. We're also in this weird hat phase, where he INSISTS ON WEARING A HAT AT ALL TIMES. But always backwards. And disclaimer: his father dressed him.

So that night, when we were laying in bed, Bryan asked me if I had gotten anything for myself.

?!?!

And I said, "No," cause that's the right answer. (And, with the following exception, it was the truth.)

"You should've," he said, rubbing my back. "You deserve something."

Anyway, I just had to get that in writing.

What I had forgotten, and what I want to share with you today, is that I DID buy myself something. And it's been just AWESOME.

Ladies and Gentlemen, may I present to you: THE SPIN PIN.



I know. It looks like nothing. And when I saw it, encased in a Goody's Simple Styles box, I thought, "YEAH, OKAY, RIGHT."

Because, usually, with the Topsy Twist and the stretchy-butterfly thingie and the Bump-It, NOTHING. My hair doesn't like it, it doesn't work, my hair never looks like the pictures on the box. But I just can't help myself. And for $5.99, I thought, well, it was worth a go.

Ladies and gentlemen.. I fully endorse this product.

The styling cannot get any simpler. Merely gather your hair at the nape of your neck, coil it into a bun (NO PONYTAIL HOLDER NEEDED!), and screw one pin in at the top and the other in at the bottom. Voila! It holds ALL DAY. And you get a cute, messy bun.



See? And I'll admit that I tend to let my hair grow out during the summer, cause I'm awkward that way, but when it comes to pulling my hair back or getting it out of my face? Totally have no clue what I'm doing. But this? This fixed it all for me! My hair is not yet shoulder length, but this held all day. I cannot WAIT for my hair to get longer and just throw these babies in there. I'm seriously gunning for one more set to keep in my purse for on-the-go styling.

The Simple Styles collection also features other thingies, but until my hair gets a little bit longer, I don't think they'll work just right. Besides, I'm MUCHO happy with these.

No comments:

Post a Comment