Some Stuff I've Bought Lately

I haven't done one of these in awhile. Mostly because I've been trying not to buy things. But I have, nonetheless, ended up purchasing some stuff. And Bryan asked me about them the other day, so maybe I should report out.

I owe it to you, my lovely readers.



I have been coveting these shoes for a LOOOOOONG time. Then, when the doctor blessed me with a cancer-free boob, I was walking through the mall (I was actually buying a dress for a ball that we ended up not attending), and I passed by a Hibbetts. I have actually TRIED to find these shoes in stores for awhile, but they either didn't have the color palette I wanted (the pictured white/pink combo is the least ugly to me), or they didn't have my size, or they were charging $150 for them.

Lo and behold, they had them in white/pink. And in my size. And they were on sale for $90. THE STARS ALIGNED.

So I bought them. I've had them for about three weeks now, and I wear them almost every day. Even with dress pants.

Have I seen a change in my ass/thighs/hips? No. Not really. BUT, and I say this is complete and total honest, it has helped my posture tenfold. I've never really had an issue with posture, per se, but I tend to walk incorrectly. I feel this in my hips ALL THE TIME. This has taken away all of my pain in my hips entirely. They pop less often, they're not sore at the end of the day, blah blah blah. So while they're not magic diet pills, I have seen a positive impact from them.



I bought this Merona shirtdress to use mostly as my Derby Announcer persona, Lucille Maul, but honestly? It's so freakin' cute that I may have to wear it elsewhere. Everyone wanted to know where I got it and when I told them Target for less than $40, they all went nuts. Understandably. Mucho cute.





Probably the most amazing was that we spent A BUTTLOAD OF MONEY ON ANIMALS. Granted, all of our animals are rescues, so they were all free, but we got them shot up and fixed this last month. While Beau, the puppy in the first picture, didn't change much from his already perky self, Lola (the cat in the second pic) has transformed from a generally bitchy animal to a loving, affectionate cat who is ON ME ALL THE TIME. The cat who liked no one is now solidly in my camp, sleeping on my feet at night and warming my lap while I type. Right this second, as a matter of fact. I never thought having an animal fixed would so dramatically alter their personality, but this cat? This cat, I love.

So. Until I go clothes shopping for my new job, that's all I have to show you.

What's your wallet been up to?

No comments:

Post a Comment